Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mega Review! Clarisonic + Haul! (: Part 1

I've really missed posting and I can't believe how long it's been but I was just feeling like I couldn't go to sleep without posting. I'm so glad I've developed a hobby that I can stick to and that I love..and I love hearing your feedback and can't thank you enough for your support! Every little thing you do really really helps out. Now into my mega haul madness! 2 weeks ago I was browsing Sephora online originally planning to get the Sephora + Pantone Universe Strokes of Nature Brush set. They really caught my eye but they were never in stock and the day after I bought loads of Sigma brushes (spoiler alert--haul + review very soon!) I received an email from Sephora explaining that they have been discontinued, and I'm assuming it's because they were limited edition, but I've seen them in store so if you still like the colors of the year you can still find them I'm sure. (The orange colors of the year are fantastic by the way.)....Warning: this is a very long post!! x.x

Anyways, back on subject..I've heard all the rave about the Clarisonic and now that the Clarisonic Mia2 is out, I decided to ponder the options and work with my birthday money. I was very very excited to see that after my bad luck with the discontinued brush set, there was a good deal on the Clarisonic Mia2 if you buy from Sephora, which is the Sonic Skin Cleansing with Boscia set, which was the exact same price as just the Clarisonic and an extra brush head, but with this set you get the  Clarisonic Mia2 and charger (duh), Travel Case, 2 brush heads (one for sensitive skin and one for deep pore cleansing), Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel (full size!), Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser (deluxe sample size), and Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens (full size--100 sheets and limited edition packaging). I don't want to sound like an infomerical but I truly feel like I've gotten a great deal here. A $228 value for $149 is quite a lot of savings for me, and it was common sense to buy it over just one thing for the same price. It also comes with a 90-day money back guarantee and a 2 year warranty. My only con was that the set only comes with the white Clarisonic, so only one color option, but the savings makes up for it in my opinion. Now for review..first lets talk about the star of the show.


After I finalized my order, I was getting more and more excited over getting a Clarisonic...I've heard soo many great things about it and I have lots to say about it myself. I was very satisfied with Sephora as far as shipping goes because this was my first online order, and most anyone is always a bit worried, wondering if all your items will be shipped in the mail with no hassle and no damage. Everything came in wonderful condition! The Clarisonic Mia2 is almost alien-like; it just looks like the latest technology. It is very sleek and it's smaller than I expected, which is good for traveling. It came with a coupon for $25 off any future clarisonic.com purchase of $50 or more, and a little guide explaining features and precautions. I charged mine 24 hours before use as suggested, and the charger is really cool. All you have to do is touch it to the handle of the Clarisonic and it holds magnetically. The brush head buzzes once and the light around the power and speed buttons lights up to let you know its charging. After taking the charger off, it buzzes twice if fully charged, and once if not. Each hour of charging is one minute of use, which seems tiny but it only takes a minute to cleanse your face with each use! I times you so that you have 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 seconds on your nose and chin, and 10 seconds on each cheek. I like this because its the perfect amount of time if you're in a hurry and it assures that you don't irritate the skin. I tried it out first using the sensitive skin brush head. There are also brush heads for acne, the body, very sensitive skin, etc.



I've been using my Clarisonic for 2 1/2 weeks and now I feel like I can't live without it, It was such a good investment. I use it every night and some mornings if I have time and want to feel refreshed. No matter what product you use with it, the result is soft and smooth skin and it takes off any dead skin you may have for a soft and refreshed face. I love that it has 2 speeds so that you can either have a routine cleaning or a nice deeper cleanse every once in a while. My skin looks fresher and clearer than before I started using it. At first I was a bit worried because once I started using it I broke out for a few days, but now it does magic for my skin. Its so easy..1 minute, and all you have to do is wet your face and put the product on your face or the brush head, wet the brush head and turn it on..it's really that simple. Thank you so so much for reading and Part 2 is coming very very soon!

Love, Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment