Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

I'm finally back! I'm so sorry for the wait, everyone! On the bright side, this is a completely buzz-worthy product and I'm extremely excited to talk about it. My birthday was on Wednesday and my sister works at Bath and Body Works. I've heard so many good reviews about this product and I was shopping around with Rebecca, not really realizing that it was sold at BBW for only about $6. They have the Rose Salve, and they have a lavender one too. I may purchase that one later, and Rebecca has it, but the smell really turned me off in the store. The rose sort of smells like...old lady perfume..I don't really know how else to describe it but the point is that it's not a great smelling product, although the smell of it is pretty subtle. I hate bad smelling lip products because obviously it sits right under your nose. The container was hard to open at first, but it is basically a twist opening. On the container it says that the salve can be used on lips, cuticles, elbows, knees, and the face. It is made up of .9% rose extract, and even though that may seem like a very small portion it really stands out. The amount of product in the container actually surprised me. I think it will last me at least 2 or 3 months, and I can definitely see myself repurchasing after it runs out. The first ingredient listed is petrolatum, so it has a light Vaseline feel to it, sort of like hardened jello or something. I've always had a problem with chapped lips year round and this does magic for me. In the winter I will make sure to stock up on this!  When it comes to lip products I'm really picky, because one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in cosmetics is sticky lip glosses! I hate them so much!! The Rose Salve is not sticky at all, it is very smooth on the lips. The coloration of the product is very sheer, but I've experimented with layering this on top of several of my lipsticks, and it gives a nice rosy boost to most of them, and I really like getting comfort and style at the same time, so I can be wearing my favorite matte lipstick, and be wearing this to help soothe and soften my lips, and I will still look great! ;)  Definitely worth buying, especially because you get a lot of good quality product that will last a long time for a very small price. Thanks for reading! xoxo Love, Kenzie

On the C.O Bigelow website ( http://www.bigelowchemists.com), you can see other lip and makeup products, or you can go to http://www.bathandbodyworks.com for exclusive products provided by C.O Bigelow.

No comments:

Post a Comment