Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: E.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, Shimmering Facial Whip & Concealer

I stopped at target today and noticed that they carry a lot of e.l.f. products. Who doesn't like cheap makeup...Well, it depends on if it's good..right? All of the e.l.f. products I purchased today were only $1, so even if it isn't that great, I wasn't going to be too disappointed. 

The first thing I'd like to talk about is the e.l.f tone correcting concealer. The shade I got is called "Apricot Beige" and matches my skin tone perfectly. I was pretty impressed with the color variety, too. A pleasant surprise I noticed when I opened my e.l.f. products is that they have a nice smell to them, sort of like a subtle candy smell. I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but I think it's a positive thing. It has an applicator like that of a lip gloss tube. It is easy to apply that way, and glides easily over a larger area, or you can spot it on dark spots, moles, freckles, or blemishes. It is also very blendable. One thing that isn't so great about the product is that it doesn't cover up any imperfections very well. If you want to really cover something up, you may want to apply a few coats and cover up with a powder. The product does really help with covering up the dark circles under my eyes, so I would say it is better with lightening the skin and evening the tone rather that covering up the imperfections. Either way, I still really like the product because my dark circles are one of my biggest problems, so I'm all over things to help out. For $1, this was a huge steal.

The next thing to review is the Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. The pen just has a felt tip applicator, which is good for applying straight and precise lines. Once it goes on, it doesn't budge. I looove that in an eyeliner, but if you want smudge, this eyeliner pen isn't for you.  It is a nice basic black. I usually like the dark, bold blacks but this is just a basic black good for everyday wear, and with that it is worth spending a dollar for. I apologize for how blurry the picture is but I wanted to make sure I got a picture of the applicator and the line, and my shaky hands aren't so great with that. :P



And now, the best for last, the Shimmering Facial Whip. It comes in a squeeze tube like that of a lip gloss. It also looks like a lip gloss and it can be a lip gloss! I got it in the shade "Lilac Petal" and it acts as a highlight for cheeks, eyes, and lips, which I think is a coincidence since this is e.l.f. we are talking about. (;  Here is a picture of me wearing the shimmer whip on my lips, cheeks, and eyes. I really like how it looks because it adds just subtle color and glow for a played up natural look. This is a product I would've been willing to pay even more for and will probably go out and buy this again in different shades. This is one of my first e.l.f. purchases too, so it has made a good impression for the different products to be cheap, most things $1 or $3, and the quality to be the same or even better than that of top expensive brands where things like this can cost $15 and up. I was an e.l.f. skeptic. Cheap usually equals..cheap. These products gave me a large gain and bang for my buck. Definitely worth a try!



Thanks for reading! Love, Kenzie

UPDATE:  I don't want to give a dishonest review, so I have an update about the eyeliner pen. I don't know if I'm just unlucky with this, but it will come out really black one second and the next it acts like a dried out marker. The felt tip is also very very fragile, so I probably won't be repurchasing this. I still like the other items, only the concealer is more of a tinted moisturizer. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment